ITOCHU ENEX "Personal Information Protection Policy"
1. Collection of Personal Information
The Company may collect Personal Information for the management of the Company’s business. In all cases, the Company takes appropriate measures such as clearly specifying that Personal Information will be collected and its purpose of use.
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses Personal Information within the scope of the purposes of use specified in the following items or a scope that is recognized as being relevant to the purposes of use, except in cases where the purposes of use have been publicly announced or notification has been provided to the specified individual.
(1) Conclusion or execution of a contract between a customer and the Company, or other transaction managements
(2) Contact regarding the Company’s business or notices and greetings based on social customs
(3) Provision of information related to the Company’s business
(4) Survey, analysis, and research related to the Company’s business for the improvement of the Company’s services
(5) Creation of statistical information, analysis of anonymized information, and other processing of Personal Information for the Company’s use
(6) Information exchange or communication with industry and organization stakeholders related to the Company’s business
(7) Other operations that are related to or associated with the above purposes
3. Appropriate Management of Personal Information
The Company is responsible for appropriate and strict management of Personal Information, including the formulation of internal regulations regarding the handling of Personal Information and the appointment of responsible managers, etc. and the Company takes preventive and safety measures to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information or the loss, damage, falsification, leakage, etc. of the information.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company does not provide or disclose Personal Information to third-parties without the consent of the relevant individual except when it is permitted or required by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations.
5. Shared Use of Personal Information
(v) Notice, announcement, and information sharing related to "2. Purposes of Use"
※1 The Company will use your Personal Information jointly only with the business operators necessary for the purpose of the joint use. The Company will not necessarily use your Personal Information jointly with all electricity retailers and general electricity transmission and distribution utilities.
※2 The term “general electricity transmission and distribution utility” means any of the following: Hokkaido Electric Power Network, Inc., Tohoku Electric Power Network Co., Inc., Tokyo Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Co., Inc., Chubu Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Co., Inc., Hokuriku Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Company, Kansai Transmission and Distribution, Inc., Chugoku Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Co., Inc., Shikoku Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Co., Inc., Kyushu Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Co., Inc. and the Okinawa Electric Power Company, Inc.
※3 The term "electricity retailer" means the operators listed in the List of Registered Electricity Retailers in the website of the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy without falling under the circumstances for refusal of registration prescribed in Article 2-5, paragraph (1) of the Electricity Business Act (law No. 170 as of July 11, 1964).
※4 The term “agency service to discontinue an Electricity Supply/Demand Contract” means that an electricity retailer who has newly received application for an electricity retail service from a customer applies for termination of existing Electricity Supply/Demand Contracts on behalf of the customer via switching support system.
6. Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, and Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.
The Company will respond to your requests for the disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of the use of your Personal Information that the Company possesses as soon as is reasonably possible according to the applicable laws and regulations after confirming the identification of the requester. Please send a letter with your request to the following "7. Personal Information Consultation Desk" (or a contact specified separately) by mail together with identity verification documents (e.g. copy of driver license, passport, or insurance card). Please note that the Company’s written response may require the payment of predefined fees that the Company has established.
7. Personal Information Consultation Desk
If you have questions or opinions regarding the handling of Personal Information or a request as described in the previous section, please contact the following:
Personal Information Consultation Desk
3-2-5 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan 100-6028
Person in charge of Personal Information, ITOCHU ENEX CO.,LTD. Legal & Credit Control Department
8. Compliance with Laws and Other Rules
The Company complies with laws and regulations regarding the protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws.